Charles is a CPA and entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience. Charles has provided business and accounting solutions to many businesses in a variety of industries. He has guided entrepreneurs in the creation and improvement of their business. In addition, Charles has founded, managed and sold ventures that he owned or started. This collective experience gives Charles a unique perspective to deliver high impact solutions for the clients he serves.
Charles’ most recent venture is founding and managing CAPSERV360, an accounting and business consulting firm. Charles’ training, experience and relatable communication style makes him a valued and trusted advisor for clients. Charles provides the following services through CAPSERV360, LLC:
- Outsourced CFO and Accounting services
- Create of or improve financial reporting system
- Identify processing efficiencies
- Streamline manual processes
- Implement technology solutions like ODBC connection to accounting and other data sources
- Automate manual and redundant processes to focus time on analytical tasks
In 2001, Charles transitioned from a partner with the CPA firm to starting an accounting and bookkeeping firm, Bean Team. This firm provided bookkeeping and back-office solutions for entrepreneurs for nearly 2 decades. In November 2020, Charles sold the firm he founded, Bean Team to Reconciled a virtual bookkeeping firm for entrepreneurs. Since the sale in 2020, Charles has focused his time on consulting with construction companies and multi-unit restaurant groups.
After graduation from Florida State University in 1985 with a B.S. Degree in Accounting, Charles began his professional career in the public accounting. Charles worked with small businesses by providing accounting and attestation services. During this 16-year period, Charles advanced to a Partner in a regional CPA firm. His appreciation for the small-business owner grew immeasurably. Charles learned about the challenges and tools needed for the entrepreneur to succeed. In 2001, he founded an accounting and bookkeeping firm that evolved into Bean Team.
Charles is active in the Northwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association Board. Charles has been a speaker at several events for the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association.
Construction Industry Specialization:
One of Charles’ first clients when he began work in the CPA firm over 30 years ago, was a large general contractor that built or renovated large commercial buildings for developers and the State of Florida. Through his career, Charles has worked with many general contractors and numerous specialty contractors (road builders, dry-wall, electrical, mechanical, curb and gutter, home builder, developer). Working with clients in the industry for that many years provides Charles with a unique experience to understand their hurdles and the aspects of the business that are critical for success, like bonding, working capital and risk management. In his consulting role, Charles has represented the construction companies with bonding companies, banks, attorneys, insurance companies and others that play an important role for the construction company.
In each client situation, Charles is a reliable resource for the owners and management, providing meaningful advice and solutions that have long-lasting results. Based on past experiences and results, you can expect this from Charles:
- Improved accounting system that delivers timely and reliable financial information
- A more efficient system, one that automates manual and redundant processes
- A system that is efficient across multiple departments
- A system that is open and transparent (but not disclosing confidential information), not one that creates the numbers in a closet and does not share them to users and stakeholders
- A highly motivated accounting team, where team members are given instruction, responsibility and an opportunity to achieve success
- Available and accessible financial information
- A system that utilizes available technology, like ODBC, to report data that is timely and ‘real-time’
Charles has significant experience with construction specific software including, Sage 100, Timberline, Sage 300 and A-Systems, Job View.